This paved trail runs a distance of 5.8 miles along South St. Paul's Mississippi River shoreline. The trail was built on top of the river levee, providing relatively flat terrain and excellent scenery with views of river activity and wildlife. Six trail access points, most with off-street parking, make the trail accessible for all ages and abilities.
South St. Paul access points North to South
- Kaposia Park (Butler and Wilde Avenue)
- Simon's Ravine Trailhead (North Concord Street)
- Bryant Avenue Bridge (Bryant Avenue and Concord Street N.)
- Spiral Bridge (Grand and Hardman Avenue)
- DNR Boat Launch (Verderosa Avenue and 494 Bridge)
- Richmond Street (400 Block of E. Richmond Street)
River to River Greenway
Simon's Ravine Trailhead in South St. Paul is an access point to the Dakota County River to River Greenway trail system that travels west through Kaposia Park continuing to West St. Paul and east to the Mississippi River Trail through Kaposia Landing and along the Mississippi River.The River to River Greenway connects Lilydale, Mendota Heights, West St. Paul and South St. Paul. Future construction projects will link Valley Park in Mendota Heights to the area near Dodge Nature Center in West St. Paul.