One of South St. Paul’s oldest and largest parks, Kaposia Park was created in 1937 as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project during the Great Depression. Kaposia Park’s 85 acres remain mostly natural with large mature trees and varying topography including Simon’s Ravine that provides access to a paved Dakota County regional trail. The most recognizable feature of the park is a historic enclosed log pavilion building, which is available for rent, complete with indoor restrooms and kitchen area. Kaposia Park also features a picnic shelter (available for rent), a small ball field, horseshoe pits, sand volleyball, playground area, a paved and boarded hockey rink accessible from Bromley Avenue, and tennis courts accessible from Conver Avenue. Kaposia Park is home to a premier 24-hole disc golf course that has been host to state, regional, and international disc golf tournaments.