2023 Community Garden Plots
- Sign-up Returning Gardener: March 1-17
- Residents: March 20-31
- Non-Residents: April 3
South St. Paul Community Garden
682 Verderosa Avenue
The Community Garden is located adjacent to the public DNR Boat Launch and City Compost Site off of Verderosa Avenue and the Highway 494 Wakota Bridge.
- 15’x20’ Garden plots wide walking lanes and buffers between each individual plot.
- 3 dedicated lanes with 3 spigots each making a total of 9 available spigots, located closer to each individual garden.
- Fencing and a lock-secured gate provide added security to garden access and, equally important, protection from wildlife.
- Parking includes adequate ADA/disability parking, with paved overflow parking available at the adjacent boat launch parking lot.
Garden Plot Rental Fees Tax Included
|Resident Senior (55 and over)||$16.07|
|Resident Adult (18-54)||$21.43|
South St. Paul Parks & Recreation: 651-366-6200, Register at City Hall, 125 3rd Avenue North, South St. Paul
The Community Garden is a popular amenity to residents of the City of South St. Paul having been in existence at the Fleming Field McMorrow site since the early 1990’s. Due to its proximity to the Fleming Field Airport runway, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has directed the removal of the historic Community Garden site from what they have designated as the Runway Protection Zone (RPZ) to comply with the FAA land use guidelines.
Garden Advice and Tips
Find some great gardening tips and advice through the University of Minnesota Extension at this link: University of Minnesota Extension - Gardening Advice