Rebate - Sewer Line Repair/Separation
Apply for your "One Water" mini-grant rebate for Sanitary Sewer Leaking Service Line Repair or Cross Connection repair in the form below. You will need to take a photo or scan of the receipt. In order to obtain the rebate, you must have met the following requirements:
Inflow & Infiltration Reduction Requirements:
- Applicant must be a South St. Paul property owner with non-delinquent water utility bill accounts.
- The grant requires the property owner to match grant funds, with most grants expected to be matched based on the attached funding summary.
- The private service line or foundation drain must be active and serving an occupied building.
- Inspection costs are allowable ONLY if the service line inspected results in eligible repairs.
- The City will require the applicant to show verification of the I & I issue (tree roots, cracks in the service, etc.) to the Public Works Department and show receipts with dates for work and materials after grant approval and submit receipts on or before October 19, 2018. Repairs made prior to grant acceptance are not eligible for the grant.
- The recipient must demonstrate that lining is not an acceptable option before open-cut trench excavation is allowed.
- All sewer service line lining projects shall demonstrate that the lining extends all the way to the wye to prevent Inflow & Infiltration from short circuiting to the sanitary mainline.
- Applicant responsible for securing any permits necessary for project, if required and/or submit proof of proper installation.
- Funds are limited, applications processed based on receipt of qualified low income households (at 185% of 2018 Poverty Level per HHS Poverty Guidelines) and then in order of receipt. See 2018 poverty guidelines at the end of this work plan.
- Any rebate requests over $600 require a W-9 from the applicant.
Max. No. of
Eligible Items per Household
Grant Match %
Max. Grant Award**
Lining or repair of leaking services
Property Owner to show televising tapes to the Public Works Department for Verification of Eligibility
1 at $6,000
Public Works Department to Verify for Eligibility
1 at $6,000
*Maximum award per eligible household for inflow & infiltration reduction improvements is $3,000.